Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Benjamin Schmeling <Be...@gmx.de> on 2005/11/29 15:56:34 UTC

Oneway ws and reliability

Hi,

imagine the scenario, described in the reliable messaging specification.
Now lets assume the webservices are all oneway and the second message
goes to a third endpoint. I know the specification supports only two
endpoints, but is there a possibility to do the following:

1.) call webservice A (at http:/abc.org)
2.) call webservice B (at http:/cde.org)
3.) call webservice C (at http:/abc.org)

I could do this with 3 separate sequences. At every end of one sequence
endSequence() is called in Sandesha. Can I make the conclusion that
after calling endSequence() the message to all webservices in the
sequence are already successfully delivered?

For example:
    new SandeshaContext()
        call webservice A (at http:/abc.org)
    endSequence()
   // /message to A has been delivered already at this point of code?/
    new SandeshaContext()
        call webservice B (at http:/cde.org)
    ..

Thanks,

Benjamin

Re: Oneway ws and reliability

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Hi,

The delivery assurance specified by the WS-ReliableMessaging specification,
is only for a particular sequence. If we need to support a scenario where
messages for multiple web services are ordered using WS-RM then we have to
use the same sequence for the entire scenario. If we use the client as you
mentioned

> For example:
>    new SandeshaContext()
>        call webservice A (at http:/abc.org)
>    endSequence()

At this point Sandesha will send the TerminateSequence message and the
messages to A will be delivered reliable. endSequence() will return to the
client only in the following two conditions
    1. Messages are all delivered and acknowledged
    2. Some error and sequence time out.

So if you want to check whether all the messages are delivered correctly,
use the following method

            RMReport report = ctx.endSequence();
           if!(report.isAllAcked())
                throw some error

>   // /message to A has been delivered already at this point of code?/
>    new SandeshaContext()
>        call webservice B (at http:/cde.org)

Thanks,

Jaliya

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Hi,

Posted by IVO <sp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
  i have a project that requires the use of either a message broker or web services.
  HINT: Intend to transfer all daily sales of burger king stores to  headquarter. this implies an average of 2000 stores connect to  headquarter with 2hours window of transaction. also the possibility of  burger-king headquarter to broadcast price changes to all stores. With  message brokers this is possible like JMS or propriatory ones using  publishing and subscription.
  Have made studies on WS-RM, WS-Security, WS-Conversation, WS-Callback,  and WS-Policy and thought web services with their interop.. they are  better than JMS and other MOM. I have had a look on Sandesha as regards  to WS-RM. It was quite interesting. My qeuestions after reading this  mail of using sequences in talking to three WS:
  1. Having the same messages for web service A, B, and C is there a  means to braodcast the messages without any interation in application  level but by simply listing the endpoints?
  2. Has Sandesha some implementations of load balance? BEA uses Buffers. Say 2000 stores all talk simultaneously to one WS.
  3. Has Sandesha in built tools for monitoring the flow of information  at transport level or do i have define my handlers for that?

  4. What about WS-Conversation and Callback?
  thanks

Benjamin Schmeling <Be...@gmx.de> wrote:  Hi,

Re: Oneway ws and reliability