Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2009/11/20 10:51:18 UTC

Re: [OT] Some advice on apache tomcat

Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> You do know that every time someone uses "content management"
> and "WordPress" in the same context, God kills a kitten, don't you?

Always eager to learn new subtleties of the English language..
What does the above really mean ?

Re: [OT] Some advice on apache tomcat

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Pid wrote:
> On 20/11/2009 10:32, André Warnier wrote:
>> Pid wrote:
>>>
>>> (The item is illustrated by the image of a deity applying its wrath to
>>> a small, cute, helpless and furry creature, and the implication that
>>> it is the addressees fault. It is an unpleasant image.)
>>>
>> Thanks. I think I get it now.
>> So, it's kind of like when you or Chuck answer a poor helpless poster
>> complaining about something not working in their Ubuntu Tomcat 4 package
>> running under gcj, right ?
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you're saying there.  ;)

Aw, shucks. My incomplete command of the English language again, no doubt.

Re: [OT] Some advice on apache tomcat

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 20/11/2009 09:51, André Warnier wrote:
> Hassan Schroeder wrote:
>>
>> You do know that every time someone uses "content management"
>> and "WordPress" in the same context, God kills a kitten, don't you?
>
> Always eager to learn new subtleties of the English language..
> What does the above really mean ?

The Oxford Phrasesaurus para-phrases it as follows:

1. "I think very little of the comparison between ONE and TWO."

2. "Many people will think less of you for directly associating item ONE
with item TWO."

3. "It is a regrettable mistake to compare ONE with TWO in the same
sentence, and everyone knows it.  You should feel embarrassed."

4. "ARSE".  (See also "Father Jack, a character in 'Father Ted'").