Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Isan Fulia <is...@germinait.com> on 2011/05/04 07:30:18 UTC

Using lowercase as field type

Hi ,

My schema consists of a field of type lowercase(for applying the lowercase
filter factory)  and is the unique key .  But its no longer behaving as
unique key. Multiple documents with same value for the unique key are
getting indexed.
Does anyone know why this is happening or is it that the field of type
lowercase cannot be unique key.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Isan Fulia.

Re: Using lowercase as field type

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
OK, what is your proof that they're not overwriting? Because the
deleted documents are still in the index, and looking at, say,
terms will show them until an optimize is done.

The deleted copies won't be shown in search results etc, but
the underlying data is still in the index.

If that's not the problem, let's see your schema definitions for the
field in question, and what you're seeing that you believe shows
the documents not being overwritten.

You might review this page:

Best
Erick