Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Ramaa Davanagere <RD...@mobius.com> on 2005/09/07 17:41:44 UTC

File or assembly name log4net, or one of its dependencies, was no t found.

This error message is literally driving me insane. :-(

I'm calling a .net assembly (ErrorHandler.tlb) from my Visual Basic 6.0
component (called busContent.dll) and the .net assembly references log4net.
If I instantiate busContent.dll (which in turn calls ErrorHandler) thro my
sample exe application, errorhandler is instantiated and few test messages
are written to a text file. However, if I instantiate busContent thro' my
web application (resides in inetpub\samplewebapp\default.asp), I get the
error mentioned in the subject line. Why is this?

In my default.asp, this is what I have

Set clsUIFLow = CreateObject("UILayer.clsUIFlow")

clsUIFLow.ProcessRequest Response, Request, session, server, Application

The ProcessRequest() function in turn instantiates busContent.

I have taken care of registering it in GAC and creating a strongname and all
that stuff.

Please help.

Ramaa Davanagere

Mobius Mgmt Sytems Inc