Posted to user@onami.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2013/07/19 12:30:32 UTC

[ANN] Apache Onami SPI 1.0.0 released

(sorry for the crosspost)

Hi all,

the Apache Onami Team is pleased to announce the first release of
Apache Onami SPI 1.0.0!
Apache Onami-SPI is a Java5 compatible small collection of reusable
tools for Google Guice to make easier the integration with the Service
Provider Interface pattern.
It tries to take the best from the past experiences in Apache Commons
Discovery<http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-discovery/> and
99soft's Backport SPI<http://99soft.github.io/backport-spi/>.

More details can be found on Apache Onami SPI website
<http://onami.apache.org/spi/>.

Current release brings following resolved issues:

Bug
[ONAMI-28] - Do not use code from com.google.inject.internal
[ONAMI-49] - drop @Override annotation from methods when implementing interfaces
[ONAMI-50] - Still old org.nnsoft package in
META-INF/services/org.apache.onami.spi.AcmeService test file
[ONAMI-75] - Update tests from pure JUnit to use Onami-Test to avoid
boilerplate code
[ONAMI-86] - Split the SPI module in small submodules

Improvement
[ONAMI-51] - Services discovered via ServiceLoader must be qualified
in the binder in order to address injections

Task
[ONAMI-9] - Import SPI donated codebase to ASF SVN
[ONAMI-26] - Make all artifactId OSGi name compliant
[ONAMI-31] - Update parent pom reference to released 1-incubating version
[ONAMI-36] - remove groupId in components where it is inherited from the parent

Have fun!
-Simo, on behalf of Apache Onami PMC

http://twitter.com/simonetripodi

Re: [ANN] Apache Onami SPI 1.0.0 released

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
OH thanks a lot Stuart for letting me know!

I'll dig to understand what's mistake I've done... thanks again, all the best!
-Simo

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.