Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Laurent Goujon <la...@dremio.com> on 2021/06/05 06:34:35 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.19.0 - RC1

Hi all,

I'd like to propose the first release candidate (RC1) of Apache Drill,
version 1.19.0.
The release candidate covers a total of 109 resolved JIRAs [1]. Thanks
to everyone who contributed to this release.
The tarball artifacts are hosted at [2] and the maven artifacts are
hosted at [3].
This release candidate is based on commit
ad3f344ac21e0462aa82f51f648a21a0554cf368 located at [4].
Please download and try out the release.

The vote ends at 5 PM UTC (9 AM PDT, 7 PM EET, 10:30 PM IST), June 8, 2021.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1
Here's my vote: +1
Laurent

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313820&version=12348331
[2] https://home.apache.org/~laurent/drill/releases/1.19.0/rc1/
<https://home.apache.org/~laurent/drill/releases/1.19.0/rc0/>
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedrill-1086
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedrill-1083/>
[4] https://github.com/laurentgo/drill/commits/drill-1.19.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.19.0 - RC1

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

I checked signatures on the source and binary tar files.

I extracted the binary tar file and ran some simple queries and validated
that the web UI came up when I started embedded (found a dead link in the
docs ... filed a JIRA for that).

I ran `mvn package` at the root level of the source as extracted from the
tar file. That has been running for 10-20 minutes with no errors in the
tests, but I am not planning to wait for completion.

I tried this new version on my broken csv example and it handled the
situation nicely. This is improved from 1.16.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1