Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by li...@altahost.com on 2002/02/12 05:21:42 UTC

Two computers on the network

I have two computers on a network. Computer a has an IP and is connected
to the internet via Cable. Computer b is not connected to the internet
via cable. How can I use computer a to access computer b via telnet, or
http or ftp?

Does this makes sense?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Re: Two computers on the network

Posted by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de>.
There's a wonderful little book available called "Linux in a Nutshell".
It will help you.

cheers
Martin

Posted by Daryl Smith <ds...@campuspipeline.com>.
Jeff,

If you can spend some money, buy a linksys:

http://www.linksys.com/

You won't have a machine with a valid IP address on the internet, but
you can map ports from the linksys to machine A (say port 80) so that
people on the internet can visit your webpage.  On top of that you'd be
able to telnet from machine a to machine b and both machines would have
internet access.

Daryl

Posted by Daniel G <te...@ct5.com>.
Let's see, where to begin.... Try to answer all these questions....

Ok, First of all... Describe your network there, that these two
computers are on? Be very specific, describe how each computer is
connected to the internet... Is there a central hub or router connecting
these computers to the cable modem? What IP address does your computer A
have (Just give the first two octects - i.e 192.168.X.X)?

Thanks,
Dan