Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/17 14:49:52 UTC

temporary instability of the 1.0 branch builds

Hi,

I'm going through a large merge from trunk to 1.0 (the tarmk cold standy).
I already finished merging everything but it was a really convoluted
process so some of you may still experience some failures, things that I
might have messed up/forgot.

If you happen to notice anything off, please let me know so I can fix it.

thanks and sorry for the noise,
alex

Re: temporary instability of the 1.0 branch builds

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
ok... thanks for the info.

Posted by Michael Marth <mm...@adobe.com>.
Hi Angela,

you are totally correct with your impression that we keep the 1.0 branch for production issues or improvements that help debugging those.
The TarMK cold standby is a bit of a border case of that (or you could say: an exception). There are quite a number of Oak users that consider TarMK not production-ready without any failover capability. Hence, the absence of this feature hinders adoption.
Additionally, the overall risk adding this feature to the 1.0 branch is very contained and minimal as it is developed in a way that the changes to oak-core are minimal (“normal” usage without the stand by feature is not affected). So, I think the benefits of adding this feature to 1.0 branch outweigh the associated risks.

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi alex