Posted to user@spark.apache.org by ha...@tutanota.com on 2020/01/19 22:55:12 UTC

RESTful Operations

I am new to Spark. The task I want to accomplish is let client send http requests, then spark process that request for further operations. However  searching Spark's website docs

    https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/scala/index.html#org.apache.spark.package

    https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/

I do not find any places mentioning about this. Also most of the internet result are more lated to spark job server.

Any places I should start if I want to use Spark for such purpose?

Thanks

Re: RESTful Operations

Posted by ha...@tutanota.com.
I see. Thanks for the advice!

Jan 20, 2020, 09:47 by hemant2184@gmail.com:

Re: RESTful Operations

Posted by hemant singh <he...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 2:04 PM, <ha...@tutanota.com> wrote:

> Sorry didn't explain well. Livy seems to me similar to job server by
> interacting through restful api interface for  job submission. The task I
> want to achieve is more like general restful api interface where user would
> provide some parameters for business operations (a bit like readText or a
> custom date source with embedded http). So when the spark receive those
> requests in e.g custom date source, the spark job can then perform normal
> operations such as  aggregation, window functions, and so on.
>
> Thank you for the suggestions and help.
>

> Jan 20, 2020, 00:26 by chris.teoh@gmail.com:
>
> Maybe something like Livy, otherwise roll your own REST API and have it
> start a Spark job.
>
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 06:55, <ha...@tutanota.com> wrote:
>
> I am new to Spark. The task I want to accomplish is let client send http
> requests, then spark process that request for further operations. However
> searching Spark's website docs
>

> https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/scala/index.html#org.apache.spark.package
> <https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/scala/index.html#org.apache.spark.package>
>
>     https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/
>
> I do not find any places mentioning about this. Also most of the internet
> result are more lated to spark job server.
>
> Any places I should start if I want to use Spark for such purpose?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Chris

Re: RESTful Operations