Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2009/09/03 09:20:59 UTC

ANN: hbase 0.20.0 Release Candidate 3 available for download

The third hbase 0.20.0 release candidate is available for download:

http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.0-candidate-3/<http://people.apache.org/%7Estack/hbase-0.20.0-candidate-2/>

<http://people.apache.org/%7Estack/hbase-0.20.0-candidate-2/>
463 issues have been addressed since the 0.19 branch.  Release notes are
available here: http://su.pr/18zcEO <http://tinyurl.com/8xmyx9>.

HBase 0.20.0 runs on Hadoop 0.20.0.  A bunch has changed since 0.19.x
including configuration fundamentals.  Be sure to read the 'Getting Started'
documentation in 0.20.0 available here: http://su.pr/3HMI0W<http://su.pr/8YQjHO>

If you wish to bring your 0.19.x hbase data forward to 0.20.0, you will need
to run a migration.  See http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HowToMigrate.
First read the overview and then go to the section, 'From 0.19.x to 0.20.x'.

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.20.0?  Please vote +1/-1 by
Tuesday, September 8th.

Yours,
The HBasistas

Re: ANN: hbase 0.20.0 Release Candidate 3 available for download

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

No problems here with the high write load test over the weekend.

    - Andy

________________________________
Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
+1, I ran the tests, checked the doc and it solved my regression problems.

J-D

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>.

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Ummm... last link was difference between RC1 and RC3.  Here is diff between
RC2 and RC3: http://su.pr/2WKZLr
St.Ack

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Ummm... last link was difference between RC1 and RC3.  Try this one for
difference between RC2 and RC3: http://su.pr/2IKhrr

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ken Weiner <ke...@gumgum.com>.