Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Noorul Islam K M <no...@noorul.com> on 2013/10/30 18:12:32 UTC

[jclouds-chef] Merging jclouds-chef into jclouds

Just curious; will jclouds-chef ever be merged into main jclouds
repository?

Regards,
Noorul

Re: [jclouds-chef] Merging jclouds-chef into jclouds

Posted by Ignasi <ig...@gmail.com>.
This was already discussed in the old mailing list before moving to the ASF
[1]. It can be a good moment to bring the discussion back.

On one side, I think we could move it to the main repo, as the project has
been cleaned up and it is has been stable with all live tests passing in
all recent releases. It would also simplify the release process, as we'd
have one less repo to release.

On the other side, I'm not sure if it fits, conceptually, in the main repo.
It is just an API and a provider, so it could be there just as the DNS or
other apis not directly related to compute, but I'd like to hear more
opinions on this.

Also, before moving, it would be great if we can come up with a way to
preserve the commit history (although I don't think that would be
possible). Have we done that before, when promoting providers?

I.

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/?#!topic/jclouds-dev/AUCJoNrPD7M