Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by rajkumar <ra...@indts.com> on 2000/11/28 10:58:31 UTC

NullPointerException while using LdapProcessor

Hi All,
    When i am trying to run my xml file, which is using cocoon's ldap processor
    I am getting the following exception...

java.lang.NullPointerException
              at org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapDefs.processLdapDef(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapDefs.(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
              at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
              at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:317)
              at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

    pls help me out....

    thanx in adv.

    ----

rajkumar

Re: NullPointerException while using LdapProcessor

Posted by rajkumar <ra...@indts.com>.
thanx Jeff,
I am using Cocoon1.8. [ on Apache 1.3 and Apache JServ 1.1.2 ]
I've included jndi.jar, providerutil.jar, and ldap.jar in the classpath in
jserv.properties.
I removed comment char ('#') for "processor.type.ldap =
org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor" in the cocoon.properties.
I restarted apache.

what else....

expecting suggestions...

Note: i've enclosed 'ldap.xml' file

You'll have to provide more detail if you want us to help. The XML file,
and which Cocoon version you're using would be a good start.

--Jeff

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, rajkumar wrote:

> thanx Jeff,
> I am using Cocoon1.8. [ on Apache 1.3 and Apache JServ 1.1.2 ]
> I've included jndi.jar, providerutil.jar, and ldap.jar in the classpath in

ldapbp.jar?

But I don't think it's a classpath issue.

> jserv.properties.

jserv is talking to Tomcat, right? JServ on it's own can't run Cocoon. I
didn't see any Tomcat/JRun references in your stack trace.. ;)

Do the other Cocoon pages (and /Cocoon.xml) work?

--Jeff

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.