Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "chris@TS" <c....@testingsolutions.de> on 2008/09/18 18:53:18 UTC

Text incorrectly positioned in EPS output

Hello,

I would highly appreciate if someone helped me with the following problem:

I have a jPanel containing some subpanels. One of the subpanels contains a
jTable.
I try to send the panel contents to an EPS file using the following code:

	protected void printComponent(OutputStream out, int width, int height)
throws IOException {
		try {
			//Instantiate the EPSDocumentGraphics2D instance
			EPSDocumentGraphics2D g2d = new EPSDocumentGraphics2D(false);
			g2d.setGraphicContext(new
org.apache.xmlgraphics.java2d.GraphicContext());

			//Set up the document size
			g2d.setupDocument(out, width, height); //400pt x 200pt

			this.contentPane.print(g2d);

			//Cleanup
			g2d.finish();
		} finally {
			IOUtils.closeQuietly(out);
		}
	}

The pane contents are being created correctly except the text strings which
seem to be rendered all in the top left corner :confused:

How can I solve this ???

Thanks in advance for your help !

chris

Re: Text incorrectly positioned in EPS output

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Well, I wouldn't say that the EPSDocumentGraphics2D is already suitable
for all applications. The Graphics2D implementation was primarily
written to convert SVG to EPS but it also does a good job with other
graphics used inside FOP. What you're doing here probably needs
debugging. I can take a look at it when I have time if you can send me
some code that demonstrates the problem (i.e. not just the code you
pasted below). I don't want to waste too much time trying to reproduce
the problem just from you description. Thanks.

On 18.09.2008 18:53:18 chris@TS wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would highly appreciate if someone helped me with the following problem:
>
> I have a jPanel containing some subpanels. One of the subpanels contains a
> jTable.
> I try to send the panel contents to an EPS file using the following code:
>
> 	protected void printComponent(OutputStream out, int width, int height)
> throws IOException {
> 		try {
> 			//Instantiate the EPSDocumentGraphics2D instance
> 			EPSDocumentGraphics2D g2d = new EPSDocumentGraphics2D(false);
> 			g2d.setGraphicContext(new
> org.apache.xmlgraphics.java2d.GraphicContext());
>
> 			//Set up the document size
> 			g2d.setupDocument(out, width, height); //400pt x 200pt
>
> 			this.contentPane.print(g2d);
>
> 			//Cleanup
> 			g2d.finish();
> 		} finally {
> 			IOUtils.closeQuietly(out);
> 		}
> 	}
>
> The pane contents are being created correctly except the text strings which
> seem to be rendered all in the top left corner :confused:
>
> How can I solve this ???
>
> Thanks in advance for your help !
>
> chris

Jeremias Maerki