Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Meir Chernetsky <me...@telrad.co.il> on 2000/02/28 09:50:55 UTC

Newbie: where and how to start

Hi there,

I would like to ask a real newbie quiestions. We're going
to use tomcat for our application. We downloaded it. And
even tried to start it (we're using Solaris 2.6 as server)
with changing ports in xml file. Sure, failed - server simply
doesn't run.

Please, could you recomend me the following:
1). where could we find out the documentation, readmes, etc.
in order to understand how to configure, install and run? For
example - whether we need to instal apache with tomcat? What
does "with" mean in the previous question, and so on.
2). How we could manage "quick start" in order to make a
first prototipous pages work?

Sorry for may be very stupid quiestions, but I'm preety going
to lost... Thanks,
	Meir
--
Meir Chernetsky - meir.chernetsky@telrad.co.il +9728-913-4723
Telrad Networks, SBU Nortel-CTO,  Intranet DB Project Manager