Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Janice Cheung <jm...@med.cornell.edu> on 2004/11/30 21:10:47 UTC

Newbie to Subversion

   Greetings!

    I'm somewhat befuddled with Subversion ..

    I have installed Subversion 1.1.1. and the Berkeley DB 4.3.21 on my
Mac OS X 10.3.6.

    I seem to have successfully installed these two applications (no
halting or alarming "make install" errors),
    yet when I attempt to run svnserve, svnadmin create, etc., (as
dictated by the Quickstart Guide, README IV),
    absolutely nothing happens.

    Am I shamefully missing an integral and elementary step somewhere?

    I've also installed Apache 2.  I would like to get Subversion to be
up and running as quickly
    and as painlessly as possible,  (sadly, no avail!).

    Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

    Best regards,
    Janice

Re: Newbie to Subversion

Posted by Janice Cheung <jm...@med.cornell.edu>.
    hi there,

    silly me.  i did exactly what you wrote and it now works.  yay!

    thanks so much Peter!  i'm grateful for your help!

    =)

Re: Newbie to Subversion

Posted by Peter Valdemar Mørch <sw...@sneakemail.com>.

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com

Re: Newbie to Subversion

Posted by Janice Cheung <jm...@med.cornell.edu>.
   hi Lukas,

    whenever i try to do 'svnadmin' i get :

    svnadmin:command not found.

    does this mean my installation did not go through?

    sorry for my ignorance .. thanks for your help!

    best regards,
    janice

Re: Newbie to Subversion

Posted by Lukas Lipavsky <lu...@gmail.com>.