Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> on 2012/02/20 16:13:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache James jSieve 0.5

Hi there,

In preparation of James server 3.0b4 release, we have have to release
jSieve 0.5. This release uses the latest mime4j 0.7.2. which makes it
compatible with server. The manager module is not taken in this release
as it depends on a server snapshot.

You can see the list of changes on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10412&version=12314991

So please cast your VOTE:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-003

[ ] +1 Please release
[ ] +0 No time to review
[ ] -1 Something is wrong

Thx,
Eric

Re: [CANCELED} Re: [VOTE] Release Apache James jSieve 0.5

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2012/2/22 Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> I don't understand what you mean with the references in the LICENSE/NOTICE.
> If you look at jsieve 0.4 release, there are no such references, and to my
> understanding it's not the goal of these files to list the jars.

I just noticed we had an issue also in 0.4 release. The main license
file for the binary distribution didn't include the licensing
information for Oracle's javamail/activation jars that are bundled in
the lib folder.
I'm in the process of removing oracle dependencies in favor of
geronimo ones as jsieve only depends on the API part of the library
and they should be equivalent (we did the same in jdkim), so that we
only bundle apache licensed libraries and everything is
cleaner/easier. Hope to commit it soon.

Stefano

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefano,

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
The VOTE is canceled (see previous thread on src tarball availability).
I will reroll later.
Thx, Eric

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefano,

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Ioan Eugen STAN <st...@gmail.com>.
[x] +1, please release

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache James jSieve 0.5

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Please release
Eric

Posted by Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>.