Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Lionel Villard <vi...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/02/05 22:10:17 UTC

Re: Factory questions

(continue the thread on xalan-dev)

1) => the nodes defined as static never appear in the final AST, so
applications aren't aware of their existence (and consequently can't
customized them)

2) => you're right, KindTest is useless, I'll simplify the code.
3) => right!

Lionel

                      "Santiago
                      Pericas-Geertsen"              To:       Lionel Villard/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      <Santiago.PericasGeerts        cc:       Shane Curcuru/Cambridge/IBM@Lotus
                      en@sun.com>                    Subject:  Factory questions

                      02/05/2003 03:28 PM

Lionel,

 I have a few questions about the latest update. I've created my node
factory and started doing all the necessary plumbing and came across the
following issues:

 1) Do we intend to give access to the statics defined in impl.parser.Axis
and impl.parser.Singletons? They are now protected, so I can't access them
from my factory.

 2) Why is there a KindTest.java in parser and KindTestImpl.java impl?
What's the rationale?

 3) The casts in lines 242 and 352 in SimpleNode.java are incorrect, right?
They do not agree with the nodes that are created by default.

-- Santiago

Re: Factory questions

Posted by Lionel Villard <vi...@us.ibm.com>.

I did the changes, I'll send a patch when I have a stable version (today).
Lionel

                      "Santiago
                      Pericas-Geertsen"              To:       Lionel Villard/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      <Santiago.PericasGeerts        cc:       <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      en@sun.com>                    Subject:  Re: Factory questions

                      02/06/2003 10:20 AM
                      Please respond to
                      xalan-dev

 Ok. Shall I make these changes? Or maybe I can just wait for you send me
the latest patch.

-- Santiago

Re: Factory questions

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@sun.com>.

Re: Factory questions

Posted by Lionel Villard <vi...@us.ibm.com>.

Yes right.

                      "Santiago
                      Pericas-Geertsen"              To:       "xalan-dev " <xa...@xml.apache.org>, Lionel
                      <Santiago.PericasGeerts         Villard/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      en@sun.com>                    cc:       Shane Curcuru/Cambridge/IBM@Lotus
                                                     Subject:  Re: Factory questions
                      02/06/2003 09:23 AM

Re: Factory questions

Posted by Lionel Villard <vi...@us.ibm.com>.

There is no factory for these nodes.

                      "Santiago
                      Pericas-Geertsen"              To:       Lionel Villard/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      <Santiago.PericasGeerts        cc:       Shane Curcuru/Cambridge/IBM@Lotus, "xalan-dev "
                      en@sun.com>                     <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      02/05/2003 04:22 PM
                      Please respond to
                      xalan-dev

> 1) => the nodes defined as static never appear in the final AST, so
> applications aren't aware of their existence (and consequently can't
> customized them)

 Hmm, but if I return you a node that is different from the default static
instance (i.e. those in Axis and Singletons), will everything else work?
Should we not use factories for these?

-- Santiago

Re: Factory questions

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@sun.com>.