Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Marc Hoppins <ma...@eset.com> on 2022/10/12 07:32:15 UTC

Upgrade

Hi all,

Looking at upgrading our install from 4.0.3 to 4.0.6.

We have replication from one datacentre to a backup site.  Other than modifying the replication config from dc1 to dc2, is there a simple method or command to stop replication for a period?

The idea being that, should something go awry, the original install and data will be around for us to roll back from.

Marc

RE: Upgrade

Posted by Marc Hoppins <ma...@eset.com>.
Groovy. Thanks.

It's just a minor patch upgrade so all you're really upgrading is the binaries. In any case, switching off replication is not the recommended approach. The recommended pre-upgrade procedure is to take backups of the data on your nodes with nodetool snapshot. Cheers!

Re: Upgrade