Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2014/08/27 17:23:38 UTC

The 1st HBase 0.98.6 release candidate (RC0) is available, vote closing 9/2/2014

The 1st HBase 0.98.
​6
 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.6RC0/ and Maven artifacts are also
available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1032/

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12327376
​

This ​candidate contains a significant backported change, ZK-less region
assignment (HBASE-11546), thanks to the heavy lifting of Virag Kothari (and
original contributors Jimmy Xiang and Virag Kothari). The new code will not
be active unless the configuration setting "
hbase.assignment.usezk" is set to '
​false
'.
​If possible please consider testing with this configuration change on a
cluster and/or with the integration tests.​

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00
-0800 GMT) on
​September 2
on whether or not we should release this as 0.98.
​6
. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)