Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Herve Quiroz <he...@esil.univ-mrs.fr> on 2002/11/22 14:25:51 UTC

[collections] Re: BoundedCollection

Stephen,

Here is the patch.

bounded-support.diff:
	patch file for BufferUtils.java and BoundedFifoBuffer.java

BoundedCollection.java:
	new file

I have tried to find a way of including the new file in the diff but
there's nothing about it on the Jakarta project "Getting involved" web
page (at least I didn't see any).

Sorry, no unit test :( I know I should have done so but I wouldn't have
learnt JUnit just for a small patch. Anyway, I will have to learn it so
hopefuly I will provide unit tests with my next contribution :)

But it works AFAIK, with support for SynchronizedBuffers also.

Regards,

-Herve

Re: [collections] Re: BoundedCollection

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
BoundedCollection has been added to CVS. I added the maxSize method
originally suggested, as I wanted that done before the interface gets
'frozen'. If there are any more 'bounded' methods let us know.

I put the static methods on CollectionUtils, to allow for non-buffer
implementations of BoundedCollection.

thanks
Stephen