Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by xuhongbo <xu...@tongtech.com> on 2008/03/05 08:53:54 UTC

a-synchronized JMSSender should be supported

After review the synpase-transport's source code, I find out that the synapse JMS-Transport-Sender only support synchronized send-receive.
To increase the concurrent processing ability of synapse, the a-synchronized JMSSender which should be supported?

Re: synapse-http-transport improvement proposal

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Let's do it! :)

Paul

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

>  On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 23:34 +0000, Paul Fremantle wrote:
>  > Oleg
>  >
>  > I would really like to evolve to support full proxy and reverse proxy.
>  > I had kind of imagined this would be sort of half in Synapse, half
>  > out. In other words, the HTTP level stuff would all be in the
>  > transport, but I'd still like to be able to use Synapse mediators on
>  > the resulting content - if desired.
>  >
>  > But I think we could meet both needs.
>  >

>  Absolutely.
>
>  > Does that make sense?
>  >

>  Surely it does.
>
>  Cheers
>
>  Oleg
>

>  > Paul
>  >
>  > On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>  > >
>  > >  On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 18:49 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
>  > >  > Hi Oleg
>  > >  > > Is there any interest in working on the NHttp transport improvements in
>  > >  > > the foreseeable future?
>  > >  > I am currently working on some improvements from Synapse pov right now..
>  > >  > but am traveling this week and may not be able to commit anything
>  > >  > >  I, for one, would like to see the NHttp
>  > >  > > transport becoming less tightly coupled with Axis2 and evolving into a
>  > >  > > more generic transport capable of transferring any arbitrary content,
>  > >  > > with Axis2 being just one possible transformation engine.
>  > >  > I am not sure I understand what exactly you mean here..
>  > >  >
>  > >
>  > >  Hi Asankha
>  > >
>  > >  Sorry for not being clear. Ideally I would like to be able to run NHttp
>  > >  transport separately from the rest of Synapse and use it as a reverse
>  > >  proxy for any arbitrary content, say HTML
> [...]

Paul Fremantle
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: synapse-http-transport improvement proposal

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 23:34 +0000, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Oleg
>
> I would really like to evolve to support full proxy and reverse proxy.
> I had kind of imagined this would be sort of half in Synapse, half
> out. In other words, the HTTP level stuff would all be in the
> transport, but I'd still like to be able to use Synapse mediators on
> the resulting content - if desired.
>
> But I think we could meet both needs.

Absolutely.

> Does that make sense?

Surely it does.

Cheers

Oleg

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Oleg

I would really like to evolve to support full proxy and reverse proxy.
I had kind of imagined this would be sort of half in Synapse, half
out. In other words, the HTTP level stuff would all be in the
transport, but I'd still like to be able to use Synapse mediators on
the resulting content - if desired.

But I think we could meet both needs.

Does that make sense?

Paul

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

>  On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 18:49 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
>  > Hi Oleg
>  > > Is there any interest in working on the NHttp transport improvements in
>  > > the foreseeable future?
>  > I am currently working on some improvements from Synapse pov right now..
>  > but am traveling this week and may not be able to commit anything
>  > >  I, for one, would like to see the NHttp
>  > > transport becoming less tightly coupled with Axis2 and evolving into a
>  > > more generic transport capable of transferring any arbitrary content,
>  > > with Axis2 being just one possible transformation engine.
>  > I am not sure I understand what exactly you mean here..
>  >

>  Hi Asankha
>
>  Sorry for not being clear. Ideally I would like to be able to run NHttp
>  transport separately from the rest of Synapse and use it as a reverse
>  proxy for any arbitrary content, say HTML
>
>  Oleg
>

>  > asankha
>  >
>  > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@synapse.apache.org
>  >
>  >

Paul Fremantle
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: synapse-http-transport improvement proposal

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Oleg

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 10:23 +0800, xuhongbo wrote:
> Hi, asankha:
>
> Last saturday and sunday, I have discussed the synapse-http-transport patch with Oleg.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-248
>
> My thought is http-core-nio support a feature to maintain http-request-response conversation, While Oleg's thought is to support proxy session in synapse-transport to facilitate conversation check.
>
> I thing both of them could be adopted, you can balance between them.
>
> (Because http-request-response conversation feature is just a thought, so maintain session in synapse-transport will be more applicable. I suggest)
>
> xuhongbo

Folks

Is there any interest in working on the NHttp transport improvements in
the foreseeable future? I, for one, would like to see the NHttp
transport becoming less tightly coupled with Axis2 and evolving into a
more generic transport capable of transferring any arbitrary content,
with Axis2 being just one possible transformation engine. Does this fit
into your mid / long term plans?

Oleg

synapse-http-transport improvement proposal

Re: a-synchronized JMSSender should be supported

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi

You are most welcome to join with us and contribute :-) !

So let me copy this to the Synapse user@ community as well, so that any
of them will know this and can help us improve Synapse.. Usually how
this can happen is by you working on a JIRA issue, and attaching a patch
that you create (using "svn diff") to the JIRA that grants us the right
to commit that into the codebase. One of the developers will then review
the patch, and commit it to the SVN trunk so that it will get into the
next release. And once you become a regular contributor, you can join
the Synapse development team

asankha

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi