Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/13 03:55:12 UTC

Admin mailing list?

If we're going to have all of these wiki account requests via email,
would it makes sense to create a special admin list (or webmaster
list) for these and similar requests, and maybe also for general
website development topics?

-Rob

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
I would favour a combined list for web site items (wiki, cwiki,
openoffice.org etc) as was as the wiki account requests.

Web issues are in my opinion a special case of dev/l10n, so lets make it on
a separate list.

Jan.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 13/12/2012 Kay Schenk wrote:
> A separate list JUST for, hopefully, the temporary manual creation of
> the wiki accounts *might* be in order. Right now, they don't seem
> overwhelming to me.

I agree with Kay here, and since this is a possibly temporary situation
we'd better revisit it when Jan (thanks!) is done with the upgrade and
we know what options are available.

>   I would NOT use a new wiki-admin list now or in the future for
> general web development issues.  The process we have now seems good
> and doesn't give rise to cross communication issues. Plus, as some of
> the infra folks keep track of THIS list for general web related
> issues, I would not recommend another list.

infrastructure topics are relevant to Apache infrastructure and
dev@openoffice.a.o too, so there's some risk of confusion and
duplication. I wouldn't see a clear benefit from a new list.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 13 December 2012 18:34, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

A separate list JUST for, hopefully, the temporary manual creation of
the wiki accounts *might* be in order. Right now, they don't seem
overwhelming to me. But having them on a separate list would channel
them better.

 I would NOT use a new wiki-admin list now or in the future for
general web development issues.  The process we have now seems good
and doesn't give rise to cross communication issues. Plus, as some of
the infra folks keep track of THIS list for general web related
issues, I would not recommend another list.

Just my .02

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Re: Admin mailing list?

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 12/12/2012 09:55 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> If we're going to have all of these wiki account requests via email,
> would it makes sense to create a special admin list (or webmaster
> list) for these and similar requests, and maybe also for general
> website development topics?
>
> -Rob

Regardless of how it is done, be sure to update the WIKI to indicate
where to send the email, and then auto-subscribe the admins, or be sure
to post here that they must subscribe.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi

2012/12/13 Rob Weir <ra...@gmail.com>:
> If we're going to have all of these wiki account requests via email,
> would it makes sense to create a special admin list (or webmaster
> list) for these and similar requests, and maybe also for general
> website development topics?

+1

Your suggestion is good. Issues related to webmaster, sysop, wiki
(application account), should be separated.

What would be webmaster, sysop > Any error on the page, spelling,
carectere etc. Bugs found in the page can be directed to bugzilla
believe.

My 0.002 cents.

          Albino