Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Ramesh Bhanan <in...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/27 06:30:53 UTC

Ranger compiled binaries availability

Hello Rangers,
Have this question around why the compiled binaries are not available?
Unlike other apache softwares like Hadoop, Hive etc which ships
downloadable binaries. But in the case of a Ranger we need to build it
everytime.
It takes a lot of time in building new versions since dependencies like
gcc, npm, node and python software requirements are not easily accessible
in a closed/secured environment.

Is there any specific reason why it's done like this?

Thanks,
Ramesh

Re: Ranger compiled binaries availability

Posted by Ramesh Bhanan <in...@gmail.com>.
Surekha,
Thanks for bringing this.

++ madhan@apache.org, Can you please clarify on this. This will be very
helpful for someone to right way start trying the Ranger.

Regards,
Ramesh

Posted by surekha saharan <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Ramesh,