Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Leandro Saad <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/29 19:39:27 UTC

How to Index Word, Excel, PDF files?

Hi all. I'm new to solr and I regret I didn't use this tool before.
I'd like to know if solr can index Word, Excel and PDF files or I must
create a xml representation of those files matching my schema?

Cheers.

--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
software developer - certified scrum master

Re: How to Index Word, Excel, PDF files?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 1/29/07, Leandro Saad <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I'd like to know if solr can index Word, Excel and PDF files or I must
> create a xml representation of those files matching my schema?...

Currently you must create the XML yourself outside of Solr.

This might change, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-104
and the recent related "update plugins" discussions.

-Bertrand