Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Michel de Lange <mi...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2013/09/06 06:31:51 UTC

fuseki, vivo, mysql. How to set this up?

Dear all,

I am trying to set up fusekiwith mysql (on Windows7). I canstart fuseki,
it connects to the database and the only problem is: It does not
retrieve any data.

Here is my config.ttl

@prefix fuseki: <http://jena.apache.org/fuseki#> .
@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix tdb: <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2008/tdb#> .
@prefix ja: <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2005/11/Assembler#> .
@prefix sdb: <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2007/sdb#> .

[] rdf:type fuseki:Server ;
fuseki:services (
<#service>
) .

##[] ja:loadClass "net.rootdev.fusekisdbconnect.SDBConnect" .
##jumble:SDBConnect rdfs:subClassOf ja:RDFset .

## Initialize SDB.
[] ja:loadClass "com.hp.hpl.jena.sdb.SDB" .

## Declare that sdb:DatasetStore is an implementation of ja:RDFDataset .
sdb:DatasetStore rdfs:subClassOf ja:RDFDataset .

<#service> rdf:type fuseki:Service ;
# URI of the dataset -- http://host:port/ds
fuseki:name "ds" ;

# SPARQL query services e.g. http://host:port/ds/sparql?query=...
fuseki:serviceQuery "sparql" ;
fuseki:serviceQuery "query" ;
# SPARQL Update service -- http://host:port/ds/update?request=...
fuseki:serviceUpdate "update" ; # SPARQL query service -- /ds/update

# Upload service -- http://host:port/ds/upload?graph=default or
?graph=URI or
#?default
# followed by a multipart body, each part being RDF syntax.
# Syntax determined by the file name extension.
fuseki:serviceUpload "upload" ; # Non-SPARQL upload service

# SPARQL Graph store protocol (read and write)
# GET, PUT, POST DELETE to http://host:port/ds/data?graph= or ?default=
#fuseki:serviceReadWriteGraphStore "data" ;

# A separate read-only graph store endpoint:
fuseki:serviceReadGraphStore "get" ; # Graph store protocol (read only) --
#/ds/get
# ... (special case) and as both /ds?default and /ds/?default
fuseki:serviceReadGraphStore "" ;

fuseki:dataset <#dataset> ;
.

## SDB Dataset configuration.
<#dataset> rdf:type sdb:DatasetStore ;
sdb:store <#store>
.

<#store> rdf:type sdb:Store ;
sdb:layout "layout2" ;
sdb:connection <#conn> ;
sdb:engine "InnoDB" ; # MySQL specific
.

<#conn> rdf:type sdb:SDBConnection ;
sdb:sdbType "MySQL";
sdb:sdbHost "localhost";
sdb:sdbName "VIVODB3";
sdb:driver "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver";
sdb:sdbUser "root";
sdb:sdbPassword "fred";
sdb:jdbcURL
"jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/VIVODB3?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&autoReconnect=true";
sdb:pingQuery "SELECT 1";
#sdb:datasource "java:jboss/datasources/SDB";

This is what i get when I start fuseki (this looks goodto me)

16:09:33 INFO Config :: Home Directory: C:\jena-fuseki-0.2.7\jena
-fuseki-0.2.7\.
16:09:33 INFO Config :: Configuration file: config.ttl
16:09:33 INFO Config :: Service: <file:///C:/jena-fuseki-0.2.7/je
na-fuseki-0.2.7/config.ttl#service>
16:09:33 INFO Config ::   name = ds
16:09:33 INFO Config ::   query = /ds/query
16:09:33 INFO Config ::   query = /ds/sparql
16:09:33 INFO Config ::   update = /ds/update
16:09:33 INFO Config ::   upload = /ds/upload
16:09:33 INFO Config :: graphStore(R) = /ds/
16:09:33 INFO Config :: graphStore(R) = /ds/get
16:09:34 INFO Server :: Dataset path = /ds
16:09:34 INFO Server :: Fuseki 0.2.7 2013-05-11T22:05:51+0100
16:09:34 INFO Server :: Started 2013/09/06 16:09:34 NZST on port
3030
16:09:41 INFO Fuseki :: [1] GET http://localhost:3030/ds/get?quer
y=SELECT++%3Fa+%3Fb%0AWHERE%0A++%7B+%3Fa+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F1999%2F02%
2F22-rdf-syntax-ns%23type%3E+%3Fb+%7D%0ALIMIT+++5%0A
16:09:41 INFO Fuseki :: [1] 400 Neither ?default nor ?graph in th
e query string of the request
16:14:01 INFO Fuseki :: [2] GET http://localhost:3030/ds/sparql?q
uery=SELECT++%3Fa+%3Fb%0AWHERE%0A++%7B+%3Fa+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F1999%2F
02%2F22-rdf-syntax-ns%23type%3E+%3Fb+%7D%0ALIMIT+++5%0A
16:14:01 INFO Fuseki :: [2] Query = SELECT  ?a ?b WHERE   { ?a <h
ttp://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> ?b } LIMIT   5
16:14:02 INFO Fuseki :: [2] exec/select
16:14:02 INFO Fuseki :: [2] 200 OK
.

But when I got to localhost:3030, and run this sparql query

select ?a ?b ?c WHERE { ?a ?b ?c }

It returns nodata. It just saysthis:

{ "head": { "vars": [ "a" , "b" , "c" ] } , "results": { "bindings": [ ] } }

If I go to the VIVO application, and type this query in through Site
Admin, I gets lots of data. So there /is/ somethingin the database. I
also know that the fuseki query definitely goes to mysql, because if I
stop mysql just before running the query in localhost:3030, I get an
error. So it goes to mysql, but it does not return any data. My question
is: why not?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Michel

Re: fuseki, vivo, mysql. How to set this up?

Posted by "John A. Fereira" <ja...@cornell.edu>.
Got it figured out.  I will write more later

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by "John A. Fereira" <ja...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Cyril HOLZER <cy...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I would like to connect it to a vivo instance (actually 1.5) ; and you
are right, a french version of vivo will be very appreciated so if I can
help I will be happy ;)

Cordialement,

Cyril Holzer

06.81.84.93.51

P *Adoptons ensemble des gestes responsables :* *N'imprimez ce message que
si cela est indispensable***

** **

" Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attaches peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire escompte,
merci d'en informer l'expéditeur immédiatement et de détruire ce courriel
ainsi que tous les documents attaches de votre système informatique. Toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie du présent courriel et des documents
attaches sans autorisation préalable de son émetteur est interdite."****

** **

"This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached
documents from your computer system. Any unauthorized disclosure;
distribution or copying hereof is prohibited."****

**

Posted by "John A. Fereira" <ja...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Cyril HOLZER <cy...@gmail.com>.
Excellent, thank you John

Posted by "John A. Fereira" <ja...@cornell.edu>.

@prefix fuseki: <http://jena.apache.org/fuseki#<http://jena.apache.org/fuseki>> .
@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns>> .
@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema>> .
@prefix tdb: <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2008/tdb#<http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2008/tdb>> .
@prefix ja: <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2005/11/Assembler#<http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2005/11/Assembler>> .
@prefix sdb: <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2007/sdb#<http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2007/sdb>> .
@prefix jumble: <http://rootdev.net/vocab/jumble#<http://rootdev.net/vocab/jumble>> .

2013/9/9 Michel de Lange <mi...@yahoo.co.uk>>
[...]

"http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-**rdf-syntax-ns#type<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>"
} ,
           "o": { "type": "uri" , "value":
"http://www.w3.org/2002/07/**owl#AnnotationProperty<http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#AnnotationProperty>"
} ,
           "g": { "type": "uri" , "value":
"http://vitro.mannlib.cornell.**edu/filegraph/tbox/vivo-**
dcterms-1.5.owl<http://vitro.mannlib.cornell.edu/filegraph/tbox/vivo-dcterms-1.5.owl>"
}
         } ,
         {
[...]

"http://vivo.mydomain.edu/**individual/n6763<http://vivo.mydomain.edu/individual/n6763>"
} ,
           "p": { "type": "uri" , "value":
"http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/**lastName<http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/lastName>"
} ,
           "o": { "datatype": "http://www.w3.org/2001/**XMLSchema#string<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string>
"
,
"http://vitro.mannlib.cornell.**edu/default/vitro-kb-2<http://vitro.mannlib.cornell.edu/default/vitro-kb-2>"
}

**over-all-named-graphs<http://jena.apache.org/documentation/sdb/configuration.html#queries-over-all-named-graphs>

Posted by Cyril HOLZER <cy...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Andy, it's works now !!!

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cyril HOLZER <cy...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your help.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
How do you set it for Joseki?

Posted by Cyril HOLZER <cy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michel de Lange <mi...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Posted by Cyril HOLZER <cy...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by "John A. Fereira" <ja...@cornell.edu>.
> [...]

http://jena.apache.org/documentation/sdb/configuration.html#queries-over-all-named-graphs

> When you say "connect to one that isn't an SDB database": What makes a
> database//an SDB database?

SDB uses it's own schema - it isn't a general SQL to RDF mapper.

> Mine is a MYSQL database, filled with tables by VIVO. Is that an SDB
> database? It has tables, such as jena_g1t0_reif,

That is a Jena RDB table.  The RDB storage system is no longer supported or included in Jena.  Could it be unused and left over from an earlier time?

> and so on, and a table called triplets, and one called quads,

They are SDB tables.

> so that is
> all quite promising. I wonder if there is some part missing, where I
> tell the sparql endpoint just how the queries should match the tables

This may help:

SELECT * {
     GRAPH <urn:x-arq:UnionGraph> {
         ?s ?p ?o
}

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
> [...]

default graph" mode

http://jena.apache.org/documentation/sdb/configuration.html#queries-over-all-named-graphs

> When you say "connect to one that isn't an SDB database": What makes a
> database//an SDB database?

SDB uses it's own schema - it isn't a general SQL to RDF mapper.

> Mine is a MYSQL database, filled with tables
> by VIVO. Is that an SDB database? It has tables, such as jena_g1t0_reif,

That is a Jena RDB table.  The RDB storage system is no longer supported
or included in Jena.  Could it be unused and left over from an earlier time?

> and so on, and a table called triplets, and one called quads,

They are SDB tables.

> so that is
> all quite promising. I wonder if there is some part missing, where I
> tell the sparql endpoint just how the queries should match the tables in

This may help:

SELECT * {
     GRAPH <urn:x-arq:UnionGraph> {
         ?s ?p ?o
}

Posted by Michel de Lange <mi...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Andy,

[...]

database//an SDB database? Mine is a MYSQL database, filled with tables
by VIVO. Is that an SDB database? It has tables, such as jena_g1t0_reif,
and so on, and a table called triplets, and one called quads, so that is

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Michel,

Looks more like a question for the VIVO people.

The fact you get (empty) results suggests the Fuseki setup is fine.

An easy mistake to make is to connect to the wrong database or connect
to one that isn't an SDB database.  Looking with the MySQL admin tools
may help.

Try the query :

select * WHERE { { ?a ?b ?c } UNION { GRAPH ?g { ?s ?p ?o } } } LIMIT 10

in case there are named graphs.

	Andy