Posted to user@pig.apache.org by lulynn_2008 <lu...@163.com> on 2012/12/05 03:32:16 UTC

Do we have any plan for "Cost based optimizer"?

 Hi All,

I just noticed that Pig Committer DaiJianYong has mentioned "Cost based optimizer" for pig performanceoptimization.
My question are:
Do we have any plan for this new feature? Like which branch will include this feature?
Is there any task which trace this feature now?

Thanks

Re: Do we have any plan for "Cost based optimizer"?

Posted by Guy Bayes <fa...@gmail.com>.
Not sure for Hadoop but the spark/shark guys have one that works against
hive stats

Don't have any idea how portable it is
Guy

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
I am not aware of any work going on for this or plans in this area at the moment.

Alan.