Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/31 22:50:09 UTC

Cargo and Ant Properties

This might be a Cargo question, but I tried to subscribe to their
mailing list several times w/o success.  Must be on of those days...
;-)

I seem to have successfully integrated Cargo with Canoo WebTest using
Maven 2.  I'm doing this as part of AppFuse's move from Ant to Maven
2.  My antrun-plugin is configured as follows:

<plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>integration-test</phase>
                        <configuration>
                            <tasks>
                                <taskdef
file="src/test/resources/webtestTaskdefs.properties"/>
                                <mkdir dir="target/webtest-data"/>
                                <!-- Delete old results file if it exists -->
                                <delete
file="target/webtest-data/web-tests-result.xml"/>
                                <!-- This is so the default will be
used if no test case is specified -->
                                <property name="testcase"
value="run-all-tests"/>
                                <echo level="info">Testing with locale
'${user.language}'</echo>
                                <ant
antfile="src/test/data/web-tests.xml" inheritRefs="true"/>
                            </tasks>
                        </configuration>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

The echo from my pom.xml works fine:

 [echo] Testing with locale 'en'

But it doesn't seem like this property (${user.language}) is resolved
in the web-tests.xml file that's called.

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] WARN - ValidatorResources.getForm(448) |
Form 'null' not found for locale '${user.language}'

Is it possible to read Cargo's properties in the Ant file that's
called?  For example, it'd be nice if I could make my host, port and
basepath values variables rather than hard-coded.

<config host="localhost" port="8080" protocol="http"
    basepath="appfuse-spring-war-2.0-SNAPSHOT"
resultpath="target/webtest-data" saveresponse="true"
    resultfile="web-tests-result.xml" summary="true">
    <header name="Accept-Language" value="${user.language}"/>
</config>

I've attached my pom.xml in case someone has time to critique it.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Cargo and Ant Properties

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 8/31/06, Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/31/06, Vincent Massol <vi...@massol.net> wrote:
> > Hi Matt,

To answer my own question, no - this is not possible.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTRUN-43

OK, I can accept that for now, and use something like the following instead:

<ant antfile="src/test/data/web-tests.xml" inheritRefs="true">
    <property name="user.language" value="${user.language}"/>
    <property name="webapp.name" value="${build.artifactId}"/>
    <property name="hostname" value="${cargo.hostname}"/>
    <property name="port" value="${cargo.servlet.port}"/>
</ant>

However, this doesn't resolve the last two properties from Cargo.  Do
I need to set those as <properties> in my pom.xml to read them or are
they set as part of Cargo's execution?

Matt

Re: Cargo and Ant Properties

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.
On 8/31/06, Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/31/06, Vincent Massol <vi...@massol.net> wrote:
> > Hi Matt,

Maybe you've the same problem I had today (Ruby error...) - try to go to
http://xircles.codehaus.org/my/email/settings
and just save your settings, even if it looks like current setup is OK.
After doing that I was able to subscribe to one of lists.

HTH,
Tomek

Re: Cargo and Ant Properties

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.