Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Martin Moser <ma...@hp.com> on 2000/03/14 18:11:15 UTC

mod_jserv/5878: cannot compile apache server

>Number:         5878
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       cannot compile apache server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    jserv
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Mar 14 09:20:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     martin_moser@hp.com
>Release:        1.3.12
here is the sdeout and sdeerr of out customer ..

Configuring ApacheJServ/1.1
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /opt/imake/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking host system type... hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00
checking build system type... hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) no
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /opt/binutils/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... (cached) no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... -static
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking command to parse /opt/binutils/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... relink
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... hpux11.00 dld.sl
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for a BSD compatible install... /opt/imake/bin/install -c
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for echo... /usr/bin/echo
checking for find... /usr/bin/find
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for test... /usr/bin/test
checking for rm... /usr/bin/rm
checking for head... /usr/bin/head
checking for tr... /usr/bin/tr
checking for grep... /usr/bin/grep
checking for cut... /usr/bin/cut
checking for touch... /usr/bin/touch
checking for cat... /usr/bin/cat
checking for cp... /usr/bin/cp
checking for make... /usr/bin/make
checking for chmod... /usr/bin/chmod
checking for GNU make... GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
/usr/bin/test[7]: test: Specify a parameter with this command.
/usr/bin/make
checking for working const... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for mode_t... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
WARNING: --with-apache-src is undefined: assuming shared object build
checking for apxs... /usr/bin/test[7]: test: Specify a parameter with this command.
configure: error: not found
Configuring ApacheJServ/1.1
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /opt/imake/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking host system type...

>How-To-Repeat:
source downloaded from http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/
1.3.12 8 Mar