Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Mag Gam <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/04 04:53:45 UTC

setting a proper threshold

I plan to setup HDFS on 20 servers. I plan on using /fs for my data. I
want /fs to have atleast 20% free therefore I don't want this
filesystem to be filled up with hdfs data. Is there a way to restrict
hadoop so it does not write here if the filesystem is  over 80%?

TIA

Re: setting a proper threshold

Posted by Mag Gam <ma...@gmail.com>.
If you mean filesystem quotas I don't have root access

Posted by Christopher Tubbs <ct...@gmail.com>.