Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Alyssa Kim <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/16 05:52:21 UTC

Question for precheckin UnitTest Failures

Hi,

Hi, I have been facing UnitTest failures on Windows Environment.
*Summary :*
 Compilation with skip test works fine and the application works fine too.
However, whenever I try to compile the code with  >gradlew.bat precheckin
some of the test cases fail.
1. installIntoWebXml : fails due to 1 line difference in which one has new
line and the other doesn't.
2. The cache is closed. : A few test cases fail due to this exception.
3. Some timeout failures and etc
4. The Geode cache XML file C:\path\to\missing\cache.xml could not be
found. warning, but the test fails.
A bunch of other issues.
I haven't tried in linux because Geode compilation on linux on my vm
environment is painfully slow....
Is there anybody who has experienced the same issue or knows what's going
on? I haven't made any change to the code.

*Details with exceptions :*
*1.*
Looks like it's new line issue although I'm not sure why only one line is
different.
org.apache.geode.modules.session.installer.InstallerJUnitTest >
installIntoWebXML FAILED
    org.junit.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...ndalone="no"?>
    <!--[
    contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
    the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

    limitations under the License.
*]*
    --><web-app xmlns="...> but was:<...ndalone="no"?>
    <!--[
    contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
    the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

    limitations under the License.*]*
    --><web-app xmlns="...>
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:115)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:144)
        at
org.apache.geode.modules.session.installer.InstallerJUnitTest.testTransformation(InstallerJUnitTest.java:54)
        at
org.apache.geode.modules.session.installer.InstallerJUnitTest.installIntoWebXML(InstallerJUnitTest.java:40)

1 test completed, 1 failed

*2.*
It looks like testcases that require cache creation fail due to
CacheClosedException
org.apache.geode.modules.session.internal.filter.SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest
> testInvalidateSession3 FAILED
    org.junit.ComparisonFailure: expected:<[OK]> but was:<[<html>
    <head>
    <title>Error</title>
    </head>
    <h1>The resource did not process correctly</h1>
    <pre>
    org.apache.geode.cache.CacheClosedException: *The cache is closed*.
        at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.GemFireCacheImpl$Stopper.generateCancelledException(GemFireCacheImpl.java:1576)
        at
org.apache.geode.CancelCriterion.checkCancelInProgress(CancelCriterion.java:87)
        at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.LocalRegion.checkRegionDestroyed(LocalRegion.java:7631)
        ..
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:115)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:144)
        at
org.apache.geode.modules.session.internal.filter.SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest.testInvalidateSession3(SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest.java:641)

*3 : *
org.apache.geode.modules.session.internal.filter.SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest
> testHttpSessionListener1 FAILED
    java.lang.AssertionError: Timeout waiting for events
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
        at
org.apache.geode.modules.session.internal.filter.SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest.testHttpSessionListener1(SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest.java:1431)

org.apache.geode.modules.session.internal.filter.SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest
> testHttpSessionListener2 FAILED
    java.lang.AssertionError: Timeout waiting for events
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
        at
org.apache.geode.modules.session.internal.filter.SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest.testHttpSessionListener2(SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest.java:1472)

org.apache.geode.modules.session.internal.filter.SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest
> testSessionGenerated FAILED
    java.lang.AssertionError: Not a correctly generated session id
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
        at
org.apache.geode.modules.session.internal.filter.SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest.testSessionGenerated(SessionReplicationIntegrationJUnitTest.java:158)

*4 :*
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.commands.LauncherLifecycleCommandsDUnitTest
> test003StartServerFailsFastOnMissingCacheXmlFile FAILED
    java.lang.AssertionError:
    *Warning: The Geode cache XML file C:\path\to\missing\cache.xml could
not be found.*

        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
        at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.commands.LauncherLifecycleCommandsDUnitTest.test003StartServerFailsFastOnMissingCacheXmlFile(LauncherLifecycleCommandsDUnitTest.java:450)

*5:*
org.apache.geode.ForcedDisconnectException: Member isn't responding to
heartbeat requests

Best Regards

Re: Question for precheckin UnitTest Failures

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Alyssa, thanks for the awesome report and analysis!

Anthony

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Hi Alyssa,

We haven't had access to Windows for our Nightly Build, so a lot of tests
are failing on Windows. I've been filing tickets for the failures I run
into building on an older Windows laptop which so far is just the UnitTest
category tests (the tests that are run via the test task in gradle). Feel
free to file tickets for anything you run into. Another option is to try to
use a Linux VM to run your tests. Fixing these tests is slow going since
few of the Geode contributors are using Windows. So far, we have a PR to
fix BundledJarsJUnitTest.

Thanks,
Kirk