Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com> on 2013/08/16 16:56:10 UTC

Translation -- Files to translate

Am I correct in assuming that we should only be looking to translate the
files from the "edge" directory?  Or should I also bring over some of the
specific version files into the crowdin translation system?

I'm working on the automated script that compares the github files to
those in crowdin and makes sure we have the latest and wanted to make sure
I was correct in assuming for now it'd just be edge.  (side note: I know
that we're going to be moving out some of the documentation from the
cordova-docs dir eventually. So we'll have to pull in the plugin specific
documentation when the time comes)

Thanks for the input,

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Emerging Mobile Software Engineer - IBM Master Inventor
SWG Emerging Internet Standards

Phone: 1-410-332-2128 | Mobile: 1-415-787-4589
E-mail: ldeluca@us.ibm.com
personal website: lisaseacat.com
Chat: ldeluca@us.ibm.com
Find me on:   and within IBM on:

100 East Pratt St 21-2212
Baltimore, MD 21202-1009
United States

Re: Translation -- Files to translate

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
I think it would be better for us to track the releases instead of 'edge'.
We can start with the latest release (3.0.0).

Today:

The 'edge' files change regularly and in the past we've never had a
translator dedicated to keeping up with the daily changes.

The more sane approach has been to pick a release and translate it, because
that documentation is less likely to change.

So for now, I think it would be better to try and translate the latest
official release (e.g. 3.0.0).

Tomorrow:

Soon, most of the documentation will be pulled out of cordova-docs and put
into the cordova-plugin-xxx repos. At this time, we will drop versioning by
directory and rely on git tags.

By the time this happens, hopefully we'll have used Crowdin for a bit. If
we are finding that it's easy for translators to stay on top of incremental
changes, then we can consider tracking the git HEAD (the new 'edge'). If
not, then we will track tags. An important feature that we need from
Crowdin is the ability to recognize when a repository has been re-tagged.
That is, the 3.1.0 tag being updated. When this happens, our contributors
have updated a releases documentation.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.