Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by John McPherson <Jo...@ilg.com> on 2001/04/02 21:05:13 UTC

No Deserializer found exception

I am trying to get the AddressBook sample to work.  I have successfully
deployed it on Tomcat 3.2 and have tested all four of the published methods.
Both of the getAllListings and putListings methods work fine.  However, when
I call the getAddressFromName (using the GetAddress class) I get the
following SOAPException:
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): No Deserializer found to deserialize
a ':address' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

The exception I get when I call the addEntry method (using the PutAddress
class) is as follows:
Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = No Deserializer found to deserialize a
'urn:xml-soap-address-demo:address' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

I have the soap.jar and the addressbook sample classes in my classpath.  Do
I need to register the BeanSerializer class somehow that does the
serialization and deserialization?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John