Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Tonté Pouncil <To...@aviall.com> on 2008/03/13 18:47:08 UTC

Fw: Continuum1.1.war not recognizing Subversion command 'svn' -- Need help!

Hi,

I am using Continuum1.1.war on Tomcat 6.0.14 on a Windows XP box.  Can some
one help figure out why Continuum does not recognize the Subversion command
'svn'.  I am was able to successfully add my maven2 project via the URL and
POM.  I even installed Maven tool via the Continuum installation link.
Subversion is install correctly on my Windows XP box.  I know this because
I have used it to create my repo and check in and out from the command
line.  Below are snippet of my pom where I have configure my SCM and the
error message I am getting.  Any help with this is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Tonté

pom.xml

<ciManagement>
            <system>continuum</system>
            <url>http://localhost/continuum</url>
            <notifiers>
                  <notifier>
                        <type>mail</type>
                        <configuration>
                              <address>tonte.pouncil@aviall.com</address>
                        </configuration>
                  </notifier>
            </notifiers>
</ciManagement>

<scm>

<connection>scm:svn:file:///c:/EDI_WEB_PLATFORM/svn-repos/edi</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:file:///c:/EDI_WEB_PLATFORM/svn-repos/edi</developerConnection>
</scm>

Error message from continuum.log

144779 [TP-Processor2] INFO  org.apache.maven.continuum.Continuum:default
- Enqueuing 'EDI Commons' with build definition 'default maven2
buildDefinition' - id=7).
144826 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Initializing build
144904 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Starting build of EDI Commons
145108 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Updating working dir
145108 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Performing action check-working-directory
145154 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Performing action checkout-project
145233 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Checking out
project: 'EDI Commons', id: '1' to
'C:\EDI_WEB_PLATFORM\servers\ApacheSoftwareFoundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.14
\webapps\continuum\WEB-INF\working-directory\1'.
145436 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Executing: cmd.exe /X /C
'"svn --non-interactive checkout file:///c:/EDI_WEB_PLATFORM/svn-repos/edi
1"'
145436 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Working directory:
C:\EDI_WEB_PLATFORM\servers\ApacheSoftwareFoundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.14
\webapps\continuum\WEB-INF\working-directory
145576 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Error while checking
out the code for project: 'EDI Commons', id: '1' to
'C:\EDI_WEB_PLATFORM\servers\ApacheSoftwareFoundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.14
\webapps\continuum\WEB-INF\working-directory\1'.
145576 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Command output:
'svn' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

145576 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Provider message:
The svn command failed.
145764 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Merging SCM results
146373 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - Error
updating from SCM, not building
147029 [pool-1-thread-1] ERROR
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.ContinuumNotificationDispatcher:default
  - Error while trying to use the mail notifier.

This e-mail message, including attachments, may contain confidential,
proprietary, or export controlled information.
Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution, or other use is prohibited,
unless expressly authorized.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, and delete
all copies of the original message from your systems.

Re: Continuum1.1.war not recognizing Subversion command 'svn' -- Need help!

Posted by Claudio Ranieri <cl...@buscape-inc.com>.
Hi,

>From C:\EDI_WEB_PLATFORM\servers\ApacheSoftwareFoundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.14\webapps\continuum\WEB-INF\working-directory\

If you run svn --non-interactive checkout file:///c:/EDI_WEB_PLATFORM/svn-repos/edi 1, what´s happen?
Bye
  On my Windows XP box I set up an environment variable for SVN_HOME and then I added this variable to my PATH variable like so: %SVN_HOME%\bin;

  "Claudio Ranieri" <cl...@buscape-inc.com>

                "Claudio Ranieri" <cl...@buscape-inc.com>
                03/13/2008 01:18 PM Please respond to
                      users@continuum.apache.org

              <us...@continuum.apache.org>

              cc

              Subject
              Re: Continuum1.1.war not recognizing Subversion command 'svn' -- Need help!

  Hi Tonté,

  Did you install the svn command line
  (http://downloads.open.collab.net/collabnet-subversion.html)?
  Did you add the svn.exe in your PATH (enviroment variables)?
  Bye

Posted by KURT TOMETICH <bo...@msn.com>.
Tomcat is probably running as a service though... right?  My point being that the default for services is to run as local system user and this account usually does not get the same PATH set as the user you are currently testing SVN out with on the command line.  If tomcat is being run as a service then I would change it to run as the same user as you are currently logged in as.

Posted by Tonté Pouncil <To...@aviall.com>.
I will be back on line later tonight (after 9pm cst) to check to see if any
one has offerred any solutions.

Thanks guys for your support!

Tonté

             Tonté Pouncil
             <Tonte.Pouncil@av
             iall.com>                                                  To
                                       users@continuum.apache.org
             03/13/2008 05:10                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Continuum1.1.war not
             Please respond to         recognizing Subversion command
             users@continuum.a         'svn' -- Need help!
                 pache.org

No I am running Continuum1.1.war as a web application on Tomcat6.0.14 on a
Windows XP box.  I recenlty added SVN_HOME System variable too.

             KURT TOMETICH
             <boomtown15@msn.c
                                       <us...@continuum.apache.org>
             03/13/2008 04:59                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Continuum1.1.war not
             Please respond to         recognizing Subversion command
             users@continuum.a         'svn' -- Need help!
                 pache.org

Are you running Continuum as a Windows service?

> Subject: Re: Continuum1.1.war not recognizing Subversion command 'svn' --
Need help!
> To: users@continuum.apache.org
> CC: claudior@buscape-inc.com; users@continuum.apache.org
> From: Tonte.Pouncil@aviall.com
> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:39:52 -0500
>
> Is there any one out there that can help me out with this issue.  I have
> search on the web and I see that I am not the only one with this problem.
>
> I wonder what would  keep Continuum from recognizing my svn command, when
> can verify it works from the cmd line?
>

>              Tonté Pouncil

>              <Tonte.Pouncil@av

>              iall.com>
>                                        users@continuum.apache.org

>              03/13/2008 03:43
cc
>              PM                        claudior@buscape-inc.com

Subject

<us...@continuum.apache.org>
>                          03/13/2008
>                          01:18 PM
cc

>           Please respond to
Subject

Posted by Tonté Pouncil <To...@aviall.com>.
No I am running Continuum1.1.war as a web application on Tomcat6.0.14 on a
Windows XP box.  I recenlty added SVN_HOME System variable too.

             KURT TOMETICH
             <boomtown15@msn.c
                                       <us...@continuum.apache.org>
             03/13/2008 04:59                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Continuum1.1.war not
             Please respond to         recognizing Subversion command
             users@continuum.a         'svn' -- Need help!
                 pache.org

Are you running Continuum as a Windows service?

> Subject: Re: Continuum1.1.war not recognizing Subversion command 'svn' --
Need help!
> To: users@continuum.apache.org
> CC: claudior@buscape-inc.com; users@continuum.apache.org
> From: Tonte.Pouncil@aviall.com
> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:39:52 -0500
>
> Is there any one out there that can help me out with this issue.  I have
> search on the web and I see that I am not the only one with this problem.
>
> I wonder what would  keep Continuum from recognizing my svn command, when
> can verify it works from the cmd line?
>

>              Tonté Pouncil

>              <Tonte.Pouncil@av

>              iall.com>
>                                        users@continuum.apache.org

>              03/13/2008 03:43
cc
>              PM                        claudior@buscape-inc.com

Subject

<us...@continuum.apache.org>
>                          03/13/2008
>                          01:18 PM
cc

>           Please respond to
Subject

Posted by KURT TOMETICH <bo...@msn.com>.

Posted by Tonté Pouncil <To...@aviall.com>.
On my Windows XP box I set up an environment variable for SVN_HOME and then
I added this variable to my PATH variable like so: %SVN_HOME%\bin;

             "Claudio Ranieri"
             <claudior@buscape
             -inc.com>                                                  To
                                       <us...@continuum.apache.org>
             03/13/2008 01:18                                           cc