Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Tomblin <pt...@xcski.com> on 2009/08/28 03:24:05 UTC

Ok, why isn't this working?

I've loaded some data into my solr using the embedded server, and I
can see the data using Luke.  I start up the web app, and it says

>cwd=/Users/ptomblin/apache-tomcat-6.0.20 SolrHome=/Users/ptomblin/src/lucidity/solr/

I hit the "schema" button and it shows the correct schema.  However,
if I type anything into the query window, it never returns anything.
I've tried things that I know for sure are in the default search
field, but all I get back is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>

<lst name="responseHeader">
 <int name="status">0</int>
 <int name="QTime">2</int>
 <lst name="params">
  <str name="indent">on</str>
  <str name="start">0</str>
  <str name="q">scientist</str>
  <str name="rows">10</str>
  <str name="version">2.2</str>
 </lst>
</lst>
<result name="response" numFound="0" start="0"/>
</response>

How can I figure out why I'm not getting any results back?  Any log
files I can look at?

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin

Re: Ok, why isn't this working?

Posted by Paul Tomblin <pt...@xcski.com>.
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Chantal
Ackermann<ch...@btelligent.de> wrote:
> Paul Tomblin schrieb:
>> The conf file says:
>>  <dataDir>${solr.data.dir:./solr/data}</dataDir>
>> That indicates to me that there is some way to override that default
>> ./solr/data involving something called solr.data.dir, but I don't know
>> if that's an environment variable, or a system property, or what.
>
> hi Paul,
>
> it can be specified in the many ways solr.home can.
> e.g. on startup add -Dsolr.data.dir=/path/to/your/data/dir
>
> or replace/extend the value in solrconfig.xml.
>
> the default is in solr.home/data, imho.

I discovered that I can set the environment variable in
conf/Catalina/localhost/solr.xml

<Context docBase="/Users/ptomblin/src/solr/example/webapps/solr.war"
debug="0" crossContext="true" >
   <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String"
value="/Users/ptomblin/src/lucidity/solr" override="true" />
   <Environment name="solr.data.dir" type="java.lang.String"
value="/Users/ptomblin/src/lucidity/solr/data" override="true" />
</Context>

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin

Re: Ok, why isn't this working?

Posted by Paul Tomblin <pt...@xcski.com>.
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM, Paul Tomblin<pt...@xcski.com> wrote:
>>cwd=/Users/ptomblin/apache-tomcat-6.0.20 SolrHome=/Users/ptomblin/src/lucidity/solr/

Ok, I've spotted the problem - while SolrHome is in the right place,
it's still looking for the data in
/Users/ptomblin/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/solr/data/

How can I changed that?

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin