Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net> on 2010/10/19 05:35:09 UTC

'Advertising' a site

When I get my site which uses Solr/Lucene going, is is considered polite to post a small paragraph about it with a link?

Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
----------------
It is always a good idea to learn from your own mistakes. It is usually a better idea to learn from others’ mistakes, so you do not have to make them yourself. from 'http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=4501&tag=nl.e036'

EARTH has a Right To Life,
  otherwise we all die.

Re: 'Advertising' a site

Posted by Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net>.
OK, no problem. It's about 4-8 months out. I'm just excited by the idea of finally going public.

I'm not a professional DB admin, web designer, Search Engine Analyst, Chief Technical Officer, or Backend programmer by education, only self study and about 1/2 of a Bachelors AND 1/2 of a Masters is CS. But I've studied and taken on about 1/2 of those.

It's all for something I WANT out there, and no one seems to have built it. So I will . . . and my team :-)

I'd like to get feedback when it's out there and learn from what people point out in their reaction to our implementation. I've already learned a lot here, and so has the main SE guy in our group.

I/we owe a LOOOOOOOOOOOT to:
  PHP community
  Symfony community
  Doctrine community
  Dezign for Databases
  Apache Community
  Eclipse community
  Postgres Community
  Ubuntu and it's community
  A couple of different library writers
...... let's see, who's left .... Oh yeah!
  You guys here at Solr/Lucene

Thanks all of you guys :-)

Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning