Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by GOVAERS Erik <Er...@welzijn.provant.be> on 2007/05/08 12:15:21 UTC

No suggestions with SandBox inputSuggestAjax

Hello,

I'm trying my hand at a very simple <s:inputSuggestAjax> example based
on http://www.irian.at/myfaces-sandbox/inputSuggestAjax.jsf. I get an
input field, but when I start typing I get no suggestions since my
backing bean 'suggestedItems' method is never called. I'm using
server-side saving, but switching to client-side makes no difference.
I've looked at a lot of the inputSuggestAjax related issues in the
mailing lists, but found no solution yet. Could it have something to do
with the fact that I'm using MyFaces 1.1.3?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Erik

Here's my jsp
=============

<%@ page session="false" contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox" prefix="s"%>
<head>
CONTENT="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />
	<title>InputSuggestAjax Test</title>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<%=
request.getContextPath()%>/css/basic.css" />
</head>
<f:view>
<h:form>

<h:panelGrid columns="2">
<h:outputText value="Select" style="padding-right:3em;"/>
<s:inputSuggestAjax id="inputSuggestAjaxTest" charset="utf-8"
required="true"
	value="#{newRegistrationPage.code}" style="width:250px;"
	suggestedItemsMethod="#{newRegistrationPage.suggestedItems}"/>
</h:panelGrid>

</h:form>
</f:view>

Method signature

public List suggestedItems(String keyword);

Libraries
=========

myfaces-api-1.1.3.jar
myfaces-impl-1.1.3.jar