Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com> on 2002/06/20 09:40:56 UTC

build path variable

This is a call to an Ant expert.
I was thinking of solving the hard coded path in the tabs.  To my opinion
the best solution is to get the path from Ant and use it in the
stylesheet.  I have been looking at the project.xtarget but can't find the
parameter I can use in the stylesheet (something like @build.path@).  I
have tried to use some variables with no succes.  This is why I hard coded
it in the first place.
The problem is I'm not an Ant expert yet and need some assistance.
Can someone shine some light on this please?
Adding/using the build path in Ant makes it possible to build to a specific
directory with working tabs by simply adding a parameter to the build
command.   The build path can then be modified in the cron job by adding a
parameter and assure working tabs.

Steven,  I have not yet found the time to look at Libre, but can it be used
for the tabs too?

Konstantin, if you want to make the tab functionality independent of the
directory structure, how would you do this?  There must be some grouping of
different parts.  Isn't a directory tree the easiest way to go.  If you
want to put the grouping in an XML tree we will have to place an entry in
the tabs.xml file for every directory we want to be placed under a certain
tab.  This will require some mods to the tabs functionality, but nothing
difficult to it (of course).  I just thought it was easy to have every sub
directory of a certain directory appear underneath a tab automatically.  No
extra configuration needed.

Bert

Please notify me if you did not receive this mail.