Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Houle, Michael" <Mi...@atcoitek.com> on 2005/03/03 21:47:04 UTC

[users@httpd] SIGUSR1 handling broken ?

Hi,

I just noticed that whenever I give the parent httpd a SIGUSR1 to
refresh our config, I get 5 more spare servers.

I have one server that has over 95 children running. We give a USR1
once each week during logfile rotation. This is not an intermittent
problem.

We are noticing no other problems so it appears that the children are
coming home to reload config as they should.

Our Maxspareservers is set to 10 so this setting is not being respected.

A HUP functions normally.

We are running:

php 4.3.10
httpd 2.0.53