Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2008/08/15 18:47:42 UTC

Staging releases are gone?

Hi,

I just wanted to finish release process of Forms 1.0.0 and Template 1.0.0 and discovered that
releases I've prepared and deployed into our staging repository are gone:
http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/

Now I can see only Reinhard's releases. This leads me to question: How clean up of this repository
is performed?

I'll have to recreate my artifacts ( :-( ) but still would like to know how this works.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Staging releases are gone?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:

> This is the directory for automated test builds (nightly builds,
> "nightlies"). As such it should contain only build performed on previous
> night (or few previous nights). If we were using, say, ant, we could
> have this builds performed automatically by infrastructure's scripts (no
> idea about maven).

I see. Thanks for clarification. Still we are relying on this repository for release process - at
least in this moment our parent pom contains references to this repository.

> Best place for release candidate builds (files to be voted on) is your
> private (~yourname) directory. After vote is done, you can clean it up.

I might have try this option next time but for this time I sticked to nightly builds repo that have
been (successfully) used by Reinhard for previous releases.

For upcoming releases it would be the best to figure out "best practices" when it comes to Maven
configuration (so it deploys to the correct repository) and document them here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/1199_1_1.html

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
On Aug 15, 2008, at 12:47 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> I just wanted to finish release process of Forms 1.0.0 and Template
> 1.0.0 and discovered that releases I've prepared and deployed into
> our staging repository are gone:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/
>
> Now I can see only Reinhard's releases. This leads me to question:
> How clean up of this repository is performed?
>
> I'll have to recreate my artifacts ( :-( ) but still would like to
> know how this works.

This is the directory for automated test builds (nightly builds,
"nightlies"). As such it should contain only build performed on
previous night (or few previous nights). If we were using, say, ant,
we could have this builds performed automatically by infrastructure's
scripts (no idea about maven).

Best place for release candidate builds (files to be voted on) is your
private (~yourname) directory. After vote is done, you can clean it up.

Vadim