Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Roland <wg...@ids.de> on 2013/06/26 12:10:39 UTC

execution-time efficient osgi-logging. LogService vs. classic logging interfaces

Hello everyone,

I created my own LogService-Bundle and I'm asking me if it is execution-time
efficient to do so. This question arises because at any time the service can
be stopped and I have to take care that all references are released and
synchronized at runtime. This can be much execution-time consuming.

        synchronized(logservice){
          if(logservice != null){
            logservice.log(...);
          }
        }

Have some Felix-User experiences in that topic? How do you log in a mobile
device / embedded system?

additional informations...
http://ekkescorner.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/osgi-logging-part-2-logservices-vs-classic-logger/