Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/09/20 20:25:02 UTC

Re[2]: Dumb Question ../servlet/com.justatest.test.MyServlet error

Hello john-paul,

If you haven't provided a servlet-mapping, you can use Tomcat's
invoker servlet like this:

http://localhost:8080/jat/servlet/com.justatest.test.InitSnoop

Otherwise, you could provide a servlet-mapping to, say, "/initsnoop"
and access it like this:

http://localhost:8080/jat/initsnoop

Jake

Friday, September 20, 2002, 11:32:08 AM, you wrote:

jpd> Then what is the URL I should be using to invoke the InitSnoop servlet if the file system location is:

jpd>    <tomcat-root>webapps/jat/WEB-INF/classes/com/justatest/test/InitSnoop?

jpd> thanks
jpd> /j-p.

jpd> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Miguel Angel Mulero Martinez wrote:

>> Maybe the InitSnoop.java don't start with "package com.justatest.test;"

jpd> -----------------------
jpd>  JUSTATEST Art Online
jpd>   www.justatest.com

jpd> --
jpd> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
jpd> For additional commands, e-mail: <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

--
Best regards,

RE: Re[2]: Dumb Question ../servlet/com.justatest.test.MyServlet error

Posted by john-paul delaney <jp...@justatest.com>.

> Are you saying that your directory structure (where the servlet .class
> file resides) looks like the following:
>
> <TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/<your-app-name>/WEB-INF/classes/com/justatest/test
> /InitSnoop.class

Yes.

Firstly, I needed to know if I was reading the docs correctly - it works for others apparantly, so that's something I suppose.  Now to find out what's causing that "wrong name" error message.

thanks
/j-p.

RE: Re[2]: Dumb Question ../servlet/com.justatest.test.MyServlet error

Posted by Anand Sharma <an...@cisco.com>.
John:

Are you saying that your directory structure (where the servlet .class
file resides) looks like the following:

<TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/<your-app-name>/WEB-INF/classes/com/justatest/test
/InitSnoop.class

If so, then I will be surprised. If you've something like

<TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/<your-app-name>/WEB-INF/classes/InitSnoop.class

then that would explain the error Tomcat is throwing.

Just a thought..

Sincerely,

Anand

Anand Sharma
Global AS-IT Support team
Cisco Systems
408.525.7080
http://asitzone.cisco.com

"When in doubt, follow your heart"

Posted by john-paul delaney <jp...@justatest.com>.
Thanks for confirming that Jacob... I was beginning to doubt that I had understood the web app. deployment strategy.  Nevertheless, an internal server error is returned when I use the url you suggested:

Cannot allocate servlet instance for path /jat/servlet/com.justatest.test.InitSnoop.