Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/18 12:48:30 UTC

Gaffer Graph Database...

Hi,

So this has been around for some time:

	https://github.com/gchq/Gaffer <https://github.com/gchq/Gaffer>

At some point I added an Issue to their repo that has since been closed:

	https://github.com/gchq/Gaffer/issues/11 <https://github.com/gchq/Gaffer/issues/11>

You can see how awkward their query interface is:

	https://github.com/gchq/Gaffer/wiki/Getting-Started <https://github.com/gchq/Gaffer/wiki/Getting-Started>

They would be much better served by TinkerPop.

Anyone interested in making Gaffer TinkerPop-compliant? Note that they are an Apache2.0 licensed project.

Thanks,
Marko.

Re: Gaffer Graph Database...

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
> that was closed, but i noticed this morning that this was open:
>
> https://github.com/gchq/Gaffer/issues/277 <https://github.com/gchq/Gaffer/issues/277>

Huh. And that user is a GCHQ organization member.

> not sure why they would look to do TinkerPop over REST - we know the
> structure API doesn't work so well over that model.

Yea, thats weird. Just bind it to the Java API ?!… seems it would be a 3-day exercise.

Marko.

Re: Gaffer Graph Database...

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.