Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1997/07/09 08:42:27 UTC

Strange interaction between mod_rewrite and proxy module (fwd)

A user asked me the following mod_rewrite/mod_proxy question, but
because it seems more related to mod_proxy I ask the group.
Perhaps someone knows where the problem lies.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

RE: Strange interaction between mod_rewrite and proxy module (fw

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Ralf S. Engelschall:

> > ProxyRequests On
> > #ProxyRemote http://ss1.bath.ac.uk http://ss1.bath.ac.uk/
> > #ProxyRemote * http://wwwcache.bath.ac.uk:3128/

As I pointed out in PR656 and a in recent post to this list (about
Proxy Setup), the ProxyRemote code is broken. The proxy module
simply send no valid proxy-request but a normal HTTP-request
with a Host-Header.

Regards...
--
Lars Eilebrecht