Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Gordon Hamilton <op...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/24 16:12:07 UTC

Switch between existing configurations through API

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to change between configurations in 1.5.x
version of ambari API.

In 1.4.x I could use the following to revert to version 1 of hdfs-site
config:

*curl -u <user>:<password> -X PUT -H "X-Requested-By: ml"
http://<address>:8080/api/v1/cluster/AMCluster1 -d
'{"Clusters":{"desired_config":{"type":"hdfs-site","tag":"version1"}}}'*

The API doc here:
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/configuration.mdappears
to describe the same usage.

However, this now gets a 500 response:
*{*
*  "status" : 500,*
*  "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An
internal system exception occurred: Configuration with tag 'version1'
exists for 'hdfs-site'"*
*}*

Is there a different call that I should use switch between existing
configurations?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Gordon

Re: Switch between existing configurations through API

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Gordon,
Thank you for finding the issue and opening JIRA.
This should get fixed in next release.
Regards,
Srimanth

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Switch between existing configurations through API

Posted by Gordon Hamilton <go...@wandisco.com>.
Hi Srimanth,

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Gordon,