Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Sanket Sharma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/24 07:56:05 UTC

BerkeleyDB problem revisited

Hi there,

Browsing through the mailing lists, I can see this problem being
reported several times. Their solutions didnt work for me, so posting
a message here.
I'm trying to buid subversion 1.3.0 along with apache 2.2.0 and
Berkeley DB 4.3 (there is no support for 4.4 i guess?) on Solaris 10
x86 with sun studio 11 compilers
The order in which I build is BerkeleyDB folllowed by Apache followed
by Subversion.
Berekely DB builds without any troubles and is installed in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3.

The problem arises when I try to build Apache 2.2.  Here, the apr-util
config script fails. I used the following options with the config
script -> --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3
I have also configured LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib
still the apr config script fails to detect BerkeleyDB.
On browsing through the config script, I noticed the following

  bdb_default_search_headers="db43/db.h db4/db.h db.h"
  bdb_default_search_lib_names="db-4.3 db4-4.3 db43 db4 db"

I guess for berkeleyDB 4.3 I gues, default search lib names should be
libdb-4.3 and libdb. Include file names have not changed and thus are
detected.
I tried changing the default names to libdb-4.3 but somehow configure
script still searches for db-4.3. So far I'm not able to work out how
this happens.
I'm not sure if this is what is causing the problem but I would
*really* appriciate if someone could help me fix this (bug?) .