Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Tim Reilly <ti...@consultant.com> on 2004/03/15 05:39:26 UTC

[id] minor cleanup

I've been doing some house keeping, trivial things like updating any author
tags that are commons-Uid team to commons-Id team, adding any missing
@version tags, etc. It seems the header file has spaces that checkstyle
applies the white space checks to. I've changed the *[space] to *[nospace]
lines 3,7,9 and made the changes to all files. Does this sound ok?

Another question, is there a strong preference on the try.. } .. catch on a
new line;
try {
}
catch () {

}

versus one line;
try {
} catch () {

}
I'd like to make consistent throughout. I have no preference really, it's
also trivial and can be left as is.
Along the trival path; my preference is not to have ... I think the
checkstyle check is "hides a field". I'd like to change the private boolean
"wrap" field to "wrapping" if desired, but I realize it may be over
stepping, so I'll wait for a go-ahead?
e.g.: this.wrap = wrap -to- this.wrapping = wrap

I've also added the option to make version four uuid optionally use
SecureRandom or Random, made the PRNG settable. As discussed added
IdentifierGeneratorFactory.uuidVersionOneGenerator() and
IdentifierGeneratorFactory.uuidVersionFourGenerator() code as well as -
IdentifierUtils.UUID_VERSION_ONE_GENERATOR and
IdentifierUtils.UUID_VERSION_FOUR_GENERATOR

I'll send patches for review following outcome the ?'s above.

Re: [id] minor cleanup

Posted by Phil Steitz <st...@yahoo.com>.
--- Tim Reilly <ti...@consultant.com> wrote:
> I've been doing some house keeping, trivial things like updating any
> author
> tags that are commons-Uid team to commons-Id team, adding any missing
> @version tags, etc. It seems the header file has spaces that checkstyle
> applies the white space checks to. I've changed the *[space] to
> *[nospace]
> lines 3,7,9 and made the changes to all files. Does this sound ok?

Yes.

> Another question, is there a strong preference on the try.. } .. catch on
> new line;
> try {
> }
> catch () {
>
> }
>
> versus one line;
> try {
> } catch () {
>
> }
> I'd like to make consistent throughout. I have no preference really, it's
> also trivial and can be left as is.

Trivial, but I like the second version.

> Along the trival path; my preference is not to have ... I think the
> checkstyle check is "hides a field".

Agreed. Toss this.

I'd like to change the private
> boolean
> "wrap" field to "wrapping" if desired, but I realize it may be over
> stepping, so I'll wait for a go-ahead?
> e.g.: this.wrap = wrap -to- this.wrapping = wrap

No preference. Patch if you like.

> I've also added the option to make version four uuid optionally use
> SecureRandom or Random, made the PRNG settable. As discussed added
> IdentifierGeneratorFactory.uuidVersionOneGenerator() and
> IdentifierGeneratorFactory.uuidVersionFourGenerator() code as well as -
> IdentifierUtils.UUID_VERSION_ONE_GENERATOR and
> IdentifierUtils.UUID_VERSION_FOUR_GENERATOR
>
> I'll send patches for review following outcome the ?'s above.

Sounds good.

Phil