Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by p4ddy <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/16 14:09:38 UTC

SQLNonTransientConnectionException even though the path to database is correct

Hi,

I'm encountering a weird problem. I have a code that is connecting to derby
database but sometimes it throws following exception.

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: java.net.ConnectException :
Error connecting to server 127.0.0.1 on port 1527 with message Connection
refused.
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDataSource.getConnection(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDataSource.getConnection(Unknown Source)

I went through it and found that there is no problem with the database path.

What could be the problem causing this exception?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)