Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Juan Manuel Diaz Lara <jm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/03/06 15:11:30 UTC

How to call a procedure as part of commitChanges ?

Is there any way to call a stored procedure as part of commitChanges ?
I would like to call a stored procedure after flushing my persistent objects but before the real db commit, for instance, to make some process on the db as part of committing my objects, but transactionally.

performInTransaction(..) {     commitChanges(); //Only flush to db, no commit, no in memory accounting of commit (no modifications to persitenctState)
    procedureCall.call(..); //Call a SP, save db transaction, can post-process data, and if it throws exception we can rollback db and persistentState stays the same before commitChanges
}
I am now om 4.0.M5.

In a previous version (I do not remember which), I made some hack to replace DataDomain and other classes to allow to differ the in memory accounting of persistent objects until the db commit is done and allow call a SP after commitChanges() in the same db commit, I made a module to install my hacks, but it is not working now on M5, maybe new rules to replace cayenne services:

public class ServerModuleWithPostCommitActions implements org.apache.cayenne.di.Module {

    @Override
    public void configure(Binder binder) {

        binder.bindList(Constants.SERVER_DOMAIN_FILTERS_LIST).add(PCATransactionFilter.class);

        binder.bind(TransactionFactory.class).to(TransactionWithPostCommitActionsFactory.class);

        binder.bind(DataDomain.class).toProvider(PCADataDomainProvider.class);

        binder.bind(ObjectContextFactory.class).to(PCADataContextFactory.class);

    }
}

This worked, but it was not a clear solution. specifically PCADataDomainProviderPCA is never called.
Thanks.

Atte. Juan Manuel Díaz Lara

Re: How to call a procedure as part of commitChanges ?

Posted by Juan Manuel Diaz Lara <jm...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I tried a db trigger fired on db commit (when all cayenne data is flushed to db), but a problem arise if there is some db exception: persistent objects stay "commited" because commitChanges changes the persistenceState before db commit, It is desirable that persistenceState remains o returns to the value before commitChanges in case of rollback. This behavior works well if there is a db exception during commitChanges (while cayenne is flushing persistent objects to db, like a not null) but not when a db exception raise between cayenne flush and db commit.

Atte. Juan Manuel Díaz Lara

    On Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 9:46:30 AM CST, Maik Musall <ma...@selbstdenker.ag> wrote:

 Hi Juan,

couldn't you do this more easily and reliably with a db trigger?

Maik

Posted by Maik Musall <ma...@selbstdenker.ag>.
Hi Juan,