Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/09 14:59:50 UTC

Are ongoing changes in the 3.0 branch verbotten?

I've run into an issue in Tapestry 3.0.3 and now another user on the
list is requesting the same thing.

Basicly I have a squeeze adapter that squeezes objects obtained from
Hibernate for use in forms. I'd like to be able to use the same thing
in my persistent properties. This would entail creating a custom
PageRecoder that checks for my Hib objs and squeezes them before
inserting into the session and unsqueezes them upon recovery from the
session.

Problem is the implementation of BaseEngine#createPageRecorder(String
pageName, IRequestCycle cycle) relies on private variables and thus is
not easily overridable.

Fixing this behaviour is easy but it would involve a commit into the
3.0 branch. Is 3.0 too "dead" for this?

Geoff

--
The Spindle guy.           http://spindle.sf.net
Get help with Spindle:

Re: Are ongoing changes in the 3.0 branch verbotten?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Not at all!  There's no reason not to make changes, and even a 3.0.4
release is possible, if someone wants to drive it.  That someone is
not me.

On 9/9/05, Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've run into an issue in Tapestry 3.0.3 and now another user on the
> list is requesting the same thing.
>
> Basicly I have a squeeze adapter that squeezes objects obtained from
> Hibernate for use in forms. I'd like to be able to use the same thing
> in my persistent properties. This would entail creating a custom
> PageRecoder that checks for my Hib objs and squeezes them before
> inserting into the session and unsqueezes them upon recovery from the
> session.
>
> Problem is the implementation of BaseEngine#createPageRecorder(String
> pageName, IRequestCycle cycle) relies on private variables and thus is
> not easily overridable.
>
> Fixing this behaviour is easy but it would involve a commit into the
> 3.0 branch. Is 3.0 too "dead" for this?
>
> Geoff
>
> --
> The Spindle guy.           http://spindle.sf.net