Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sg...@media-style.com on 2004/05/13 13:35:07 UTC

maven editor 4 eclipse

Hi maven friends,

i found a interesting issue and just wish to let you know.
It a kind of improvement suggestion for the ma(e)ven IDE project.

Since I didn't remember the correct syntax of a ant command i was open a build.xml in eclipse.
Eclipse has a ant editor with syntax checking and code completion.

That brings the idea and i was browsing the code of the eclipse ant editor.
Surprise surprise the ant script syntax is described in a dtd file. So i was just editing the dtd file and
vola there was a working maven.xml editor with syntax checking and code completion.
That could be useful for pom as well.

Sorry  i haven't the time to really create this editor since the dtd is a bit longer but in case someone
searching for a contribution idea for maven, feel free to create a maven.xml editor by just editing the
dtd. ;-)

Happy hacking!
Stefan

Re: maven editor 4 eclipse

Posted by Miguel Griffa <mg...@technisys.net>.
This is really good info,
the eclipse ant editor pretty much rocks, I have two weeks of
imlementation hello coming,
but after that I may get my hands into it, since we are working a log
with maven in eclipse...

sg@media-style.com wrote:

>Hi maven friends,
>
>i found a interesting issue and just wish to let you know.
>It a kind of improvement suggestion for the ma(e)ven IDE project.
>
>Since I didn't remember the correct syntax of a ant command i was open a build.xml in eclipse.
>Eclipse has a ant editor with syntax checking and code completion.
>
>That brings the idea and i was browsing the code of the eclipse ant editor.
>Surprise surprise the ant script syntax is described in a dtd file. So i was just editing the dtd file and
>vola there was a working maven.xml editor with syntax checking and code completion.
>That could be useful for pom as well.
>
>Sorry  i haven't the time to really create this editor since the dtd is a bit longer but in case someone
>searching for a contribution idea for maven, feel free to create a maven.xml editor by just editing the
>dtd. ;-)
>
>Happy hacking!
>Stefan

Miguel Griffa
Software Architect
Technisys.NET  "The First Digital e-nabler"
Transactional Solutions

Miami +1 305 357 8109
Madrid +34 915 726 763
Buenos Aires: +54 11 43227100
mgriffa@technisys.net
http://www.technisys.net

Re: maven editor 4 eclipse

Posted by Gilles Dodinet <rh...@free.fr>.
sg@media-style.com wrote:

>Hi maven friends,
>
>i found a interesting issue and just wish to let you know.
>It a kind of improvement suggestion for the ma(e)ven IDE project.
>
>Since I didn't remember the correct syntax of a ant command i was open a build.xml in eclipse.
>Eclipse has a ant editor with syntax checking and code completion.
>
>That brings the idea and i was browsing the code of the eclipse ant editor.
>Surprise surprise the ant script syntax is described in a dtd file. So i was just editing the dtd file and
>vola there was a working maven.xml editor with syntax checking and code completion.
>That could be useful for pom as well.

hi-

mevenide has now a jelly editor. if you have some time please feel free
to build from cvs and report any bug ;) a release should also land shortly.

regards,

-- gd